Xceed SupportMemberApril 20, 2010 at 7:20 pmPost count: 5658
From time to time, we will post beta builds of an upcoming service release here. We will do so if we feel the included bug fixes will affect and interest a significant number of clients.
You can be automatically notified of new beta builds by clicking the ‘Enable Email Subscription’ button above.
The beta builds are removed once they become the general release.
Although these builds are tested and fully functional, use them at your own risk. They are not full releases and only contain the component assemblies.
Below is a list of changes included in this beta build. If you’re affected by one of the issues below, download the beta version and see if it resolves your issue:
- Fixed a bug where GZipArchive did not always validate the data’s checksum when decompressing. 
- Fixed issues with LZMA that caused fatal exceptions when run on .NET framework 4.5.1 and later. 
- SFtp files are now seekable. This allows better interoperability with Zip.NET. For example, selected items in a remote zip file accessed via a SFtpFile can be extracted to a local folder without downloading the entire archive. 
- ZippedFile and ZippedFolder constructors now only look for invalid characters in the name if the item doesn’t exist in the archive. An item already in the archive is always accepted. 
- Setting the name of a ZippedFile and ZippedFolder no longer uses the System.IO.Path namespace as it checks for invalid characters for Windows. It now uses Xceed.Utils.Paths.Path.GetFileNameSimple(), which is universal. 
- Fixed a bug where a ZipIOException was thrown when unzipping empty files that use WinZipAES and Stream.Read() is never called (directly or indirectly) on the file. 
No release is scheduled at this time.
You can get the beta build for version 5.8, which targets the .NET Framework 4.0 and later here:
You can get the beta build for version 4.9, which targets the .NET Framework 2.0/3.5 and lower here:
You can always get the official full release on the main website. But that release does not contain the fixes described here.
Known issues being worked on
- None at this time.
Update history of this post
- October 22th 2015: Posted build 15522.0 for versions 4.9 and 5.8 for GZip fix.
- October 20th 2015: Posted build 15520.0 for versions 4.9 and 5.8 for LZMA fixes in .NET 4.5.1+, SFtp, ZippedFile/ZippedFolder
Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jb [Xceed] (had 6392 views)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.