Xceed SupportMemberNovember 22, 2012 at 2:33 amPost count: 5658
From time to time, we will post beta builds of an upcoming service release here. We will do so if we feel the included bug fixes will affect and interest a significant number of clients.
You can be automatically notified of new beta builds by clicking the ‘Enable Email Subscription’ button above.
The beta builds are removed once they become the general release.
Although these builds are tested and fully functional, use them at your own risk. They are not full releases and only contain the component assemblies.
Below is a list of changes included in this beta build. If you’re affected by one of the issues below, download the beta version and see if it resolves your issue:
- No longer requests file locking by default on SFtp version 6 servers. Can be enabled manually. 
- Version 5.6 now uses System.Security.Cryptography.AesCryptoServiceProvider for AES instead of RijndaelManaged. That change makes the component run on a machine that has the FIPS compliance switch turned on.
A general release is scheduled for the week of February 15th 2015.
You can get the beta build for version 4.8, which targets the .NET framework 2.0/3.5 here:
You can get the beta build for version 5.6, which targets the .NET framework 4.0 here:
You can get the updated documentation here:
You can always get the official full release on the main website. But that release does not contain the fixes described here.
Known issues being worked on
- Add more code examples and improve documentation.
- Add support for aes256-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes128-ctr encryption. 
- Add support for arcfour128 and arcfour256 encryption. 
- Add the ability to select which SSH algorithms will be used when connecting.
- Implement an optimization to move a file or folder by renaming it.
Update history of this post
- December 15th 2014: Posted build 14615.0 for version 5.6. Fix for AES when FIPS is enabled.
- December 9th 2014: Posted build 14609.0 for versions 4.8 and 5.6. No longer locks files by default.
- August 18th 2014: Posted build 14418.0 for versions 4.7 and 5.5. Added proxy support.
- May 29th 2014: Posted build 14279.0 for versions 4.7 and 5.5. Honor max channel packet size. Better selection of buffer size for SFtpFile.
- January 8th 2014: Posted build 14058.0 for versions 4.6 and 5.4. Handling of remote window and max packet size when uploading.
- September 18th 2013: Posted build 13468.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3. Fixed a bug that prevented files from being deleted.
- July 28th 2013: Posted build 13378.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3. New data integrity methods, version renegotiation.
- June 11th 2013: Posted build 13311.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3. New utility methods in SFtpClient.
- May 31th 2013: Posted build 13281.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3. Build 13280.0 was compiled incorrectly.
- May 30th 2013: Posted build 13280.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that fixes a bug with servers who don’t supply basic dates.
- May 29th 2013: Posted build 13279.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that improves DSS support to 4096 bits and no more trailing ‘/’ for folders.
- May 9th 2013: Posted build 13259.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that improves DSS support and adds other minor features.
- January 29th 2013: Posted build 13079.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that fixes a bug with dates/times not using UTC.
- January 28th 2013: Posted build 13078.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that fixes issues with CompleteFTP.
- January 25th 2013: Posted build 13075.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that fixes issues with certain V3 SFtp servers.
- January 14th 2013: Posted build 13064.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that adds MemoryFile.ToArray().
- January 11th 2013: Posted build 13061.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that fixes bugs.
- January 9th 2013: Posted build 13059.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 that adds more traces.
- January 8th 2013: Posted build 13058.0 for versions 4.5 and 5.3 for fixes with file attributes when connected with SFtp v3 servers.
Applies to Xceed SFTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jb [Xceed] (had 1725 views)Xceed SupportMemberDecember 6, 2012 at 6:25 pmPost count: 5658
Posted build 12606.0 for versions 4.4 and 5.2 for keyboard-interactive support.
Applies to Xceed SFTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jb [Xceed] (had 703 views)Xceed SupportMemberMay 9, 2013 at 5:41 pmPost count: 5658
A new build has been posted. Here are the changes made:
- Can now connect to SSH servers that use DSS (DSA) keys longer than 1024 bits up to a limit of 3072 bits.
- The SSHClient.Timeout property now applies to SSH identification
string sequence. This eliminates the behavior where the component
freezes if the server doesn’t send an ID string. Instead, it will now
throw a SSHTimeoutException after the timeout value elapses.
- Added the SSHClient.TimeoutSeconds property. It is a utility
property that allows to set the timeout value in seconds instead of
- The SSHClient class now implements the IDisposable interface. This
means you are encouraged to use SSHClient as part of a ‘using’
statement. SSHClient.Dispose() makes sure to Disconnect() from the
server (if applicable).
- The HostKeyReceivedEventArgs.HostKeyMD5FingerprintString property
now uses the very common ‘:’ character as a separator instead of ‘-‘.
This makes string comparisons with your own MD5 fingerprint strings
easier to make.
Applies to Xceed SFTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jb [Xceed] (had 641 views)Xceed SupportMemberSeptember 18, 2013 at 10:05 amPost count: 5658
A new build has been posted. Here are the changes made:
Fixed a bug where files could not be deleted after having been opened by
SFtpFile. The handles were not closed properly.
Applies to Xceed SFTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jb [Xceed] (had 1076 views)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.