Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Purchase of License

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #26113 |

If I buy the license at $495, does that entitle me to upgrades in the 2.x range. Its a bit confusing as only the Vanguard mentions product updates ?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by MattCheshire (had 2174 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

If you buy a Product-only license, it includes 60 days of standard support as well as 6 months of access to bug fixes. How this works is that your license key is guaranteed to, for at least 6 months, unlock newer versions of the product, without necessarily unlocking new features. So if you purchase a license now for v2.0, your license key is guaranteed to unlock any newer versions (say, v2.1 and v2.2 as an educated guess) that are released within 6 months of your purchase. However, while your license key will unlock the product and therefore allow you to benefit from the latest bug fixes, it will not unlock any significant new features.

If you buy the Product + 1-year Vanguard, then as each new version comes out during the 1-year period, you will automatically receive a new license key (say, v2.1, …, v3.0 as an educated guess), so you have access not only to bug fixes, but to new features as well. And once that 1-year period is over, if you don’t renew your subscription, the last license key you receive will generally still unlock an additional 6-months of bug fixes in updates after that.

I hope this clears things up!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 2853 views)

User (Old forums)

A follow-up on this question. You say that for at least 6 months after purchase, license key will unlock versions of the grid. In my case license key for 3.5 unlocks 3.8 version of grid, and time difference between releases is more than a year.

My question here is, if my license key unlocks version downloaded from website does that mean that I am indeed licensed to use it and distribute it as part of my application?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nikola (had 779 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.