Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Process was terminated due to an unhandled exception

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #21359 |

Hi,

i have post the same subject on an FtpTimeoutException which can’t be catch before (see http://xceed.com/CS/forums/thread/23648.aspx)

My windows services crash 5 time a day every day dut to this exception and i can’t find any answer.

I repost my stacktrace here, thank you i you have some clue :

initial error catchable :

Xceed.Ftp.FtpTimeoutException: The FTP command execution timed-out.

at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.ConnectFtpCommand.Execute(FtpCommandChannel commandChannel)

at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.BaseFtpCommand.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at Xceed.Ftp.BackgroundWorkerWrapper.DoWorkThreadStart()

.NET Runtime error uncatchable which crash the service :

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ObjectDisposedException

Stack:

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean ByRef)

at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeWaitHandle)

at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()

at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpDataConsumerCommand+<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessData>b__7(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

thanks for attention 

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 1994 views)

Xceed Support

Hi David,

Can you set the TraceWriter property so we can get a log of the communication with the server?

Example (C#):

myFtpClient.TraceWriter = new StreamWriter( @”D:\Log\XceedFtp.log”, true );

or

myFtpConnection.TraceWrite = new StreamWriter( @”D:\Log\XceedFtp.log”, true );

Example (VB.NET):

myFtpClient.TraceWriter = New StreamWriter(“D:\Log\XceedFtp.log”, True)

or

myFtpConnection.TraceWrite = New StreamWriter(“D:\Log\XceedFtp.log”, True)

Can you also provide the relevant code snippet that your are using to do the transfer?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marc [Xceed] (had 261 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi, 

i think it’s not a xceed problem (can’t see anything wrong on log) but probably due to a framework 4 issue with my multithread code and exception uncatch throw by FTP component.

I put a  <legacyUnhandledExceptionPolicy enabled=”1″/> flag and i don’t have the problem anymore.

Thanks,

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 1324 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.