Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Problem with combobox columns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #15385 |

I have had this problem many times. I set up a grid with a column that has the combobox editor and viewer. The data source for the combo dropdown is a table in a database, say, a list of names. I make the Value Member the key for the table (e.g. the initials) and the display format is set to show just the full name field. In the drop-down I make the initials column invisible. All very straighforward, just the sort of thing that many users would want to do.

Now the problem: after I have done this, if I want to go into the Columns collection to change something it will not let me do so – I get the following message (exactly):

The specified column cannot be the current column because it is not visible.
    Parameter Name: CurrentColumn

I have found no way to get around this, and usually end up deleting the entire grid and starting again – a total pain in the neck! It seems as soon as I make the key column invisible, I can NEVER get back into the Columns collection again.

What is going on here? Is it me, or is there some bug in there?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steve (had 3434 views)

User (Old forums)

We do not reproduce this behavior here. Which version of the grid are you using?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 192 views)

User (Old forums)

Sorry, should have specified. The version for the Xceed grid (Xceed.grid.dll) is 3.2.6403.0

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steve (had 379 views)

User (Old forums)

I still can’t reproduce the issue with the .NET 1.1 component. However, the latest version is 3.2.7205.0. I suggest you try it, to see if this resolves the issue. If not, we will need a sample application that reproduces the problem. so we can investigate it further. Send it to <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com”>support</a>.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 269 views)

User (Old forums)

I downloaded the 7205 update and changed the references in the project – no change. I will send a small project to support to illustrate.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steve (had 4531 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.