Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Printing with a large data set and Grid 3.5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #15606 |

Hello,

I’m using the latest Grid 3.5 in a VB.net app. There are 15 columns and 500 rows, and the columns are large enough that rows span multiple pages. I’ve loaded up the grid with a bunch of data and would like to view print-preview the data.

The printing/preview code works great if the report is set to FitToPage:
    grid.ReportSettings.ColumnLayout = Xceed.Grid.Reporting.ColumnLayout.FitToPage

But the app begins to thrash with the spooler if it is set to SpanAcrossPages:
    grid.ReportSettings.ColumnLayout = Xceed.Grid.Reporting.ColumnLayout.SpanAcrossPages

We’re using the System.Windows.Forms.PrintPreviewDialog to display the printing. When set to span the preview dialog essentially locks up. When set tot FitToPage it works like a champ.

I don’t suppose anyone has any ideas on getting the span to not lock up?

Thanks,
    Andy

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Andy (had 2982 views)

User (Old forums)

Would it be possible for you to send a sample application reproducing the issue to <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com”>support</a>, so we can investigate this further?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 191 views)

User (Old forums)

Well, I clarified it a bit.

I took the SolidFoundation sample app and added 100 extra columns and 2000 additional rows.

When gridControl1.ReportSettings.ColumnLayout = Reporting.ColumnLayout.FitToPage then your life is good and you have no problems.

When gridControl1.ReportSettings.ColumnLayout = Reporting.ColumnLayout.SpanAcrossPages then your life is not so good and you end up getting an infinite number of pages being rendered. I saw the Infinite Pages bug but if I read it correctly the bug only applies ot cases where a colulnn exceeds the width of a page.

Aditionally, if you are set to SpanAcrossPages *AND* you set ReportStyleSheet.PageFooter.CenterElement.TextFormat to “Page %PAGE% of %TOTALPAGES%” then the print preview will lock up entirely. It appears to be the TOTALPAGES thing that is the key thing. Maybe its related to calculating total pages on documents that span across pages?

I zipped the modified SolidFoundation project and mailed it to the support address.

Thanks,
    Andy

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Andy (had 292 views)

User (Old forums)

We did reproduce the issue, and it is in fact a bug. Our developer will be looking into it, and see what can be done. However, at this point, there is no time frame we can provide as to when this could be resolved.

You can check the update <a href=”http://xceed.com/pages/TopMenu/Downloads/Updates.aspx?Lang=EN-CA”>page</a&gt; to verify when this gets fixed.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3936 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.