Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Pretty, but no having much luck running the demo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #21536 |

Thanks for putting up the demo of your grid control — it looks very nice!

But I’m having a terrible time running it. I probably can’t go more than 2 or 3 mouse clicks whlie playing with it before it crashes. Doesn’t really matter what I do, it’s crashed every single time I’ve tried to run it after clicking a few things.

Just as an example, if I select “Editing Data” and then click on the “Always” button at the top it immediately crashes with “System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Only Setter or EventSetter elements are valid direct children of Style element. ‘System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup’ is not valid. Error at object ‘System.Windows.Style’ in markup file ‘Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Samples.LiveExplorer;component/dynamiceditordisplay/mainpage.xaml’.” But is just an example, virtually everything else I try to do crashes after a click or two.

Good luck!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Scott (had 4290 views)

User (Old forums)

I am surprised and sorry to hear that the demo doesn’t work for you… I will look into that but will need a little help from you:

When there is an unhandled exception in an XBAP application, Internet Explorer usually displays a page with an expander button that allows to view the details of the error. Could you please copy those details and paste them here, especially the exception text and complete stack trace?

Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 265 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Are you running Vista, or XP, and if you are running XP, did you try re-installing the final .NET 3.0 redistributable that we link to from the Live Explorer launch page?

(This launch page: http://www.xceed.com/Grid_WPF_Demo.html)

Anyone else run into this same phenomenon?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 238 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

More information:

Users that are running VISTA RC1 or other betas or release candidates will probably be getting a lot of errors. You need the final Vista, the RTM.

For XP users, you need the final .NET 3.0 RTM.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 279 views)

User (Old forums)

To follow up on my problems, I uninstalled everything related to .NET 3.0 on my machine, ran the CTP uninstaller, and reinstalled from scratch and it’s working GREAT now! I must of had some mismatched files from the CTP’s or something.

Very sweet product!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Scott (had 5184 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.