Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Poor FTP Upload Performance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #21056 |

I am using the AsyncFtpClient to upload files in a VB.Net application.  Our file sizes are 500 MB to 1 GB we are only seeing about 200 Kb/second upload speeds with my application.  Our users are unhappy they say they can get 5 times the upload speed using ohter FTP clients.  Is there anyting tha con be done to improve upload speed?  I noticed that status reporting takes place every 4kb.  Is it possible to change the frequency of status reporting?  I think every 4kb is to frequent for large files.  I would br happy with status reporting every half second or less or maybe every 50 or 100 kb.

Any assistance on how to speed up the preformance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 3519 views)

Xceed Support

Hi David,

our lastest release (October 16th version 3.2.8516.10220) introduces the FtpClient.DataTransferBufferSize which will allow you to increase the transfer rate between transfer notications.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris [Xceed] (had 550 views)

User (Old forums)

Was this property removed? I am using v3.5 and I don’t see a property called “DataTransferBufferSize”. There is no mention of that property in the documention either.

Thanks.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Bobby (had 396 views)

Xceed Support

Hi,

the Xceed.Ftp.dll version is 3.7 in the 3.2.8516.10220 Xceed Components package. 

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris [Xceed] (had 3952 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.