Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Performance issue with Grid 3.7 and tabcontrol

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #16332 |

Hi,

I have an application that uses several grids with a tab control. In that scenario I have a real performance issue when switching between when I have changed the background and foreground color of several cells.

So, if I switch between tabs with the default colors, it switches fast, but when I change the color of some cells, the switch becomes really slow. The more I change, the slower it gets, and when I reset them back to the default color, the performance improves. 

Is there a way I can override the paint method on those cells? Will that actually improve performance? or are there other events I need to be aware of?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Testing (had 477 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok. I implemented my own class to mimic the functionality of a tab control, and found that the problem also happens when you make a Grid invisible, and then visible. So at this time, I opted to keep them all visible and pile them up on top of each other, using BringToFront to keep the selected grid visible. No performance issues that way..

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Testing (had 746 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.