Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Password was not provided for encrypted data.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20481 |

Hello XCeed experts,

I compress a string (called compressedDossier) like so (VB.NET):

Dim compressedDossier As String = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetString( _
                    Xceed.Compression.Formats.XceedCompressedStreamEx.Compress( _
                        System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetBytes(dossier))) 

Not important for this issue, but I persist this string to the Database. Later I retrieve this string from the database and I want to decompress it like this (VB.NET):

Dim decompressedDossier As String = String.Empty

Try

‘Het dossier is niet gezipped dus we kunnen het dossier simpelweg decomprimeren.
                                decompressedDossier = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetString( _
                                    Xceed.Compression.Formats.XceedCompressedStreamEx.Decompress( _
                                        System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetBytes(dossier.Content)))
                            Catch ex As Exception
                                GeneralServices.WriteToLog(“PatientDossierRetriever.GetDossier: ” & ex.Message)
                            End Try 

As you can see I write my error message away to  logfile, again not important for this problem. But the message of the exception (ex.message) is:

” Password was not provided for encrypted data.”

As you can see in above example I do not provide a password. So why all of a sudden does it need one now? I’ve already tried to provide passwords at the compress as also the decompress (made a password like: “Hello”). But then it gives me the error that not the correct password was provided (which is strange because I absolutely used “Hello” as password).

Can anyone help me with this strange problem?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Danny (had 1127 views)

User (Old forums)

Well, it turned out to be an encoding problem. We found our old testproject (we could’ve sworn it worked) and saw I made a mistake. Don’t know what this has to do with the password, but I’ll let XCeed work further on that.

The immidiate problem is resolved  luckily, so I can move on.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Danny (had 893 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.