Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Pagination in WPF Grid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #22975 |

I am pretty new in Xceed WPF Grid.

I have a very large dataset that must be browsed. Is there a way to use pagination in WPF Grid ?????

Thanks in advance

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by mvbaffa (had 4264 views)

Xceed Support

The DataGridControl does not implement “pagination” out of the box.

However, since the DataGridControl performs UI Virtualization, and supports a wide range of data source types, it would be possible to use a “paging” data source inside the DataGridControl to benefit from it.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 445 views)

User (Old forums)

Do you mean we should implement paging on datasource layer. And if we need to combine sorting with paging we will need to reimplement sorting in our datasource, right?

I have already implemented a workaround solution: i have created paging through ItemsControl standart filtering capabilities. However there is one disadvantage: imagine if i’m binding to a collection of 40 items – perform filtering for 10 items on the first page. Now it’s ok, but due to virtualization there is only 10 items in ItemsControl.Items property. If i navigate to the second page I have to reset filtering and reapply it for the next page. It works rather slowly for large collections.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Aliaksandr (had 586 views)

User (Old forums)

I’ve tuned my previous solution with sorting ItemsSource collection according to DataGrid sorting settings.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Aliaksandr (had 839 views)

User (Old forums)

Can u give me a sample of how paging is implemented in Xceed grid ? Also when you click on a xceed column, it sorts the column. How do you trap that sort event to sort itemsource collection ?
    Thanks in advance

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by apvinod2003 (had 4926 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.