Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls OutOfMemory on SmartUI.Controls.ToolBar.Tool

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #18253 |

I am using the SmartUI to provide buttons for user actions in my app. For example, I have a button to save changes that have been made. When the user first starts the app or loads a new “document” I want to disable the Save toolbar button until the user has changed something. In Dev Studio 2005 I set the Enabled property for the button to False. When I start the app I get an OutOfMemoryException exception. If the Enabled property is set to True in DevStudio this does not happen.

We reported this problem almost 4 years ago and were told that incident #391 had been created in the system to track fixing this problem.

Is there a way to toggle the Enabled property of the Tool object programmatically at runtime?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Craig (had 3119 views)

User (Old forums)

First, we do not reproduce this behavior with the latest version of SmartUI for .NET. Setting the Enabled property to false in the designer works fine.

Second, you can use the tool item directly or the Items collection of the SmartToolBar control to get to the Enabled property :

tool1.Enabled = false;

or

smartToolBar1.Items[ 0 ].Enabled = false;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 199 views)

User (Old forums)

>Setting the Enabled property to false in the designer works fine.

Thanks. I just want to be sure that we are talking about the same thing. I’m not saying that setting the “Enabled” property to False in the Dev Studio Properties window causes a problem. The exception occurs during startup of my compiled app. It’s a runtime error. If we are both talking about the same thing then I am at loss as to how explain why my experience does not match yours. Any suggestions as to how I might debug this or gather addtional useful information for you?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Craig (had 228 views)

User (Old forums)

We are taking about the same thing. The application runs fine, whatever method I use to set the button Enable property.

What version of the component are you using? Is it the latest one? Have you tried to set the Enable property in code, at form load, and if so do you get the same exception?

Can you reproduce this in a sample application? If so, can you send the project to <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com”>support</a>, so we can investigate this further?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 4368 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.