Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF ObservableCollection<T> instead of IBindingList

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #25701 |

Hi all

I’m a bit surprised that the DataGridControl relies on the IBindingList interface for adding new items to a bound list.

IBindingList is not the WPF way of doing things like this (where we have INotifyCollectionChanged), it is not very well supported withing the standard class library (I havn’t found an implementation of IBindingList outside of ADO.NET), and since IBindingLIst it is quite a large interface with lot of concepts (modification, searching, sorting, indexing, …), writing a wrapper class requires some unnecessary work.

To come to a conclusion: Since you are relying on this somewhat unusual interface IBindingList, it would be nice if your datagrid control would also support the normal WPF collection classes in the non-ADO.NET-case by providing a wrapper implemenation that redirects to/from ObservableCollection<T>.

Greetings
    Kuno

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Kuno (had 2070 views)

User (Old forums)

Sorry about my lines above. It looks as if I am completely wrong with regard to a standard implementation of IBindingList.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Kuno (had 2757 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.