Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF No Xceed items show up in VS2008

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #26536 |

I registered and received my license key for the Express version.. installed it, making sure to check the checkbox to add the components to the Toolbar.

Nothing, however, shows up in VS2008 at all, for Xceed. Nothing in the toolbar, nothing in the “Add items” dialog… zero.

I attempted to add references to the Xceed assemblies but they don’t show up on the .NET tab either.

Removed and reinstalled multiple times… this is very frustrating and not exactly inspiring confidence..

I am using VS2008 Production Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM.

Not sure what else to do.. my license key is recognized, as indicated by the Xceed resource center. But there is nothing added to VS2008 for the Xceed componentry.

Yes, I installed Xceed version 2.0 for WPF. Also rebooted and wiped out the Xceed components folder under Program Files.

Help!!!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by yahgrid27 (had 2360 views)

Xceed Support

Hi,

Components cannot be added automatically to the toolbox for Express Editions.

Here is how to add them:
    1 Open a window.xaml design surface
    2 Right click in the toolbox section, choose “Choose Items…”
    3 Choose the “WPF Components” tab
    4 Click “Browse”
    5 Go to the install directory of the components
    i.e.: C:\Program Files\Xceed\Xceed DataGrid for Wpf 2.0\bin\
    Choose Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.dll
    6 Repeat step 5 to choose “Xceed.Wpf.Controls.dll”

Also, there is a related problem that was fixed in the upcoming package that prevents you from seeing the installed dlls in the “Add Reference” wizard. When you try to add the references, the dlls are not be displayed in the list from the “.NET” tab. References need to be added manually by browsing, using the “Browse” tab to the install directory (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Xceed\Xceed DataGrid for Wpf 2.0\bin\).

Let me know if that works.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Vince [Xceed] (had 480 views)

User (Old forums)

Got it, that works fine.

Thank you!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by yahgrid27 (had 3471 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.