I’m evaluating Xceed DataGrid for WPF. I’m impressed with it, and you guys have done a great job.
* I have found one or two defects (already reported): Column.Visible = true, the column header becomes visible but the data for that column doesn’t show. * And one limitation (also reported)-I can’t take control of the sorting, grouping: a) I’d like to write event handlers for sorting/grouping and delegate the task to the db, I’m working on a client server app and I can’t bring all the data to the client’s machine. b) I’d like to disable sorting from working on certain columns.
I was wondering: 1. When is the next release? 2. Are you planning to address any of these issues in your release?
Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Murthy (had 1784 views)
1. We are currently targeting beginning of May for the next release.
2. * Column.Visible = true : This issue has been fixed and will be available in the next release.
* Event Handlers for Sorting/Grouping: We are not planning to release such behavior in the upcoming release (and the timeframe/possibility of such feature is yet unknown). However, all we do is forward the grouping/sorting information to the underlying CollectionView (CollectionView.GroupDescriptions/SortDescriptions), which then takes charge of the grouping/sorting. What you could do is encapsulating whatever data you have within a CollectionView that will execute the sorting/grouping as required by your requirements.
* Disable Sorting: We will allow this behavior in the next release.
Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 2801 views)