Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Need to upload files with arabic names ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #21444 |

Hi sir,

i try to upload files with arabic files names but it upload names like:

ط¥ط¬ط±ط§ط،ط§طھ ط§ظ„ظ…ط¹ط§ظٹظ†ط© ظˆط§ظ„طھظپطھظٹط´ ط¨ط¬ظ…ط±ظƒ ظ…ظٹظ†ط§ط، ط¬ط¯ط© ط§ظ„ط¥ط³ظ„ط§ظ…ظٹ ظˆط³ط¨ظ„ طھط·ظˆظٹط±ظ‡ط§-&&-879589

Not the real name what to do please ?

i use

cftp is in FTPClient 

cftp.SendFile(SourceFile,DesFile) 

PS:

I use the trial version is this make the problem or not 

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Bassem (had 563 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Bassem,

The FTP protocol does not support Unicode characters per say. So, a FTP server may or may not support Unicode characters, and if it does, it uses a specific encoding type (eg. UTF7 or UTF8, etc.)

If your FTP server only supports ASCII characters in file names, Arabic characters will never show up properly.

By default, Xceed FTP for .NET encodes commands sent to the server and the replies in Unicode UTF-8, which covers ASCII. If you find that your server does indeed support more than ASCII, but its a different encoding than UTF-8, you can use the FTPClient.Encoding to select any encoding you want.

Documentation:
    http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedFileSystem/#topic2015.html

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 761 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.