Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Multiple y-axes: Axis.PositionOffset

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #18685 |

I’ve separated this question out from the previous thread to keep the discussion focused.

When using multiple y axes, what is the Axis.PositionOffset relative to? Is it a number of pixels, a percentage of the chart margin width, a percentage of the chart client width, or something else?
    Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by JD (had 4670 views)

User (Old forums)

Due to OpenGL rendering the chart the value is interpreted within the control depending on how the chart was rendered. You will have to go trial and error to position your Axis on the chart.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 604 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello: I have been trying hard to get the position correct, with no luck. The users of my product are constantly running into issues where the scale is not visible, and this is turning to be a major issue. I am also not specifying OpenGL in 2D mode.
    Please, could you provide me some more information on how to do this? The previous answer really does not have any details. Even if the answer is complex, I’d be happy to implement whatever it takes to get this right.
    Thanks in advance.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by JD (had 326 views)

User (Old forums)

There really isn’t “mathematical” way of doing this, it’s trial and error. I have made the suggestion to our development team to allow an easier way to handle this in the future. As of now however, I do not have any suggestion on how to accomplish this.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 226 views)

User (Old forums)

I see. But trial and error, based on what coordinate system? That is what is confusing to me, thanks. I don’t mean to be pushy here, but I’ve spent many long hours on this and any clue here would really help.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by JD (had 230 views)

User (Old forums)

I will discuss this with a developer and see if this could possibly change in the future, I apologize for the complications this might have given you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 5233 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.