Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Multiple detail grids

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    #15374 |

Hi,
    Is it possible to have multiple detail grids in the grid?
    Here’s my scenario:
    – I display 2 types of data in the same grid. They share the same master columns, but when they are expanded I need to show different columns in the details section.
    Is this feasible?

thanx

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kozu (had 4856 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Yes, you can have multiple detail grids in the grid, and those can be (if desired) completely independent. Please see the Master/Detail sample application (the same one found in the Live Explorer demo) — set it to demonstrate “Independent detail grids” and you’ll see how you can accomplish it.

I hope this helps,
    Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 361 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Odi,
    Yes, that’s exactly what I need. The Master/Details sample shows only the synchronized behavior, but the Live Explorer shows the independent behavior as well.
    Where can I find the code for the latter one?

thanx

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kozu (had 256 views)

User (Old forums)

You will find the code here (VS2005 is in neighbor folder) :

C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Xceed Grid for .NET <version>\Samples\VS.NET 2003\CSharp\MasterDetailModes

Under Vista, it will be here :

C:\Xceed Component Samples\Xceed Grid for .NET <version>\Samples\CSharp\MasterDetailModes

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 345 views)

User (Old forums)

I can only see C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Xceed Grid for .NET 2.3\Samples\CSharp\MasterDetail and this example shows only the sync behavior. Can I download MasterDetailModes from somewhere?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kozu (had 370 views)

User (Old forums)

This is because this sample did not exist with the version you have. We could send you the sample, but it will work only with version 3 and up, though you can still look at the code and simply use the applicable code in your project.

You can also update to a newer version, and the installer will install the sample.

Or you can try to do it yourself. Set the SynchronizeDetailGrids property on the GridControl to false, and then in the InitializingDetailGrid event, set each detail grid the way you want, accordingly to the parent row, which you can reference in the event args (i.e.: e.Grid.ParentDataRow).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 370 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Andre,
    Could you please send me the sample?

thanx

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kozu (had 532 views)

User (Old forums)

Send an email to <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com”>support</a>, with this tread as a reference, and I will send it to you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 5980 views)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.