Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Multiple Headers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #14829 |

Does Xceed data grid support multiple headers on the one grid? I couldn’t see any reference to this in the documentation or on the forums.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David.L (had 2937 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Do you mean multiple column header rows? You can add (any number) of column header rows anywhere you want to (one in the fixed header area, scrolling header, fixed and scrolling footers, etc.). Do you want them to display different things inside?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 333 views)

User (Old forums)

I think your answer is sufficient for me to go and play around with things myself, cheers for that.

An example of my intention is with a table representing the attributes of several types of fruit. Lets say we have bannanas and apples, however the attributes for bannanas might be colour, length and cost whereas the attributes for apples might be weight and cost.

So I am after some way of having different number of columns as well as differently headed columns – in the same table.

The eventual best solution may simply be to rethink the need to display certain information such that this is no longer required.

Thanks again for the response.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David.L (had 273 views)

User (Old forums)

I am trying to do this same sort of thing and I am running into problems.
    I have redefined the template to specify that there are two columnManagerRows but I can’t seem to control how the columns are associated with a given row. For some reason they get added to both rows automatically. Here is a subset of the XAML (by the way I would like to stick with XAML, contrary to many of the examples, because I don’t really like defining appearance in code).

<xcdg:DataGridControl.View>
    <xcdg:TableView Theme=”{DynamicResource defaultTheme}” ShowFixedColumnSplitter=”False”>
    <xcdg:TableView.FixedHeaders>
    <xcdg:ClearHeadersFooters/>
    <DataTemplate>
    <Grid>
    <Grid.RowDefinitions>
    <RowDefinition Height=”Auto” />
    <RowDefinition Height=”Auto” />
    </Grid.RowDefinitions>
    <xcdg:ColumnManagerRow Grid.Row=”0″ x:Name=”columnRowTop” AllowColumnReorder=”false” AllowSort=”false”/>
    <xcdg:ColumnManagerRow Grid.Row=”1″ x:Name=”columnRowBottom” AllowColumnReorder=”false” AllowSort=”false”/>
    </Grid>
    </DataTemplate>
    </xcdg:TableView.FixedHeaders>
    <xcdg:TableView.FixedFooters>
    <xcdg:ClearHeadersFooters/>
    </xcdg:TableView.FixedFooters>
    </xcdg:TableView>
    </xcdg:DataGridControl.View>

I would appreciate any help that anyone could give in this area,
    Thanks,
    -Scott

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by scottr (had 3988 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.