Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Microsoft Access form functionality?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #25791 |

Some beginner’s questions:

Could someone point me in the direction of instructions or tips for getting the DataGridView to function more like a Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007 form?

1. For example, how do I get the row navigator at the bottom (move to last, move to first, move prev, move next, move to specific row number).

2. Also, what’s the easiest way to format column data? For example if I have a floating point numbers, how do I format that column to show only two decimal points, or to format as currency etc.

3. Information on creating master-details relationships with gridviews? or controls for searching for data within column or whole grid? printing selected rows or fields?

It looks like it will take quite a bit of work to recreate some of the default power of an Access form or even Sql Server’s table browser. Is DataGridView more suitable for quick editing of small rows of data than for searching and manipulating a large table? Should I be considering another way of going about creating this functionality? I’d like some better feel for whether I’m heading in the right direction before I travel far along this road. Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by M (had 2882 views)

User (Old forums)

It looks like #3, master/details, is addressed by version 2.0 professional.

Any information on #1 and #2? Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by M (had 313 views)

Xceed Support

#1: This feature is not built-in to the DataGrid for WPF. But I think you could develop one without too much efforts… The key part of this would be to retrive the ScrollViewer from the DataGrid’s ControlTemplate, which is relativelly easy:

ScrollViewer scrollViewer = myDataGridControl.Template.FindName( “PART_ScrollViewer”, myDataGridControl) as ScrollViewer;

#2: You could inspire yourself from the Solid Foundation sample application, as the different columns have been given different types of formatting.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 303 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you, I’ll see how that goes.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by M (had 3953 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.