Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Memory exception raised when rendering

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #18946 |

Hi,

We encounter regularly (but randomly) exceptions in xceed. It makes my project crash. Here is the call stack:

Exception details:
    System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at glFlush()
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLDevice.Activate2DRendering()
    at Xceed.Chart.Core.SceneGL.OnRender()
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLDevice.InnerRender()
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLDevice.Render()
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLBitmapRenderSurface.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsCore.RenderSurfaceBase.PaintHandler(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can this problem be fixed? Or do you know how to fix it/ work around it/avoid it?

Thanks,
    Marie

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marie4 (had 2169 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I am really wondering why Xceed crashes.

I don’t know if they are linked, but we also encounter crashes when using Xceed on remote desktop.

Can both issues be fixed please?

Thanks,
    Marie

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marie4 (had 548 views)

User (Old forums)

It is difficult to tell the problem just by looking at this stack.  You can send us a sample application reproducing the issue, if you are entitled to support, so we can investigate this further.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 574 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, even if I create a sample application, the first problem appears randomly and is not frequent. The second crash appears frequently when running on remote desktop. It would be possible to try to create a separate sample application for you, but we need to be sure that it will be useful.

We are not paying for the support anymore because the one we got before was highly desappointing. It could be possible for us to suscribe again, but we need to make sure that the problems we encounter will be fixed. Can you ensure us that our problems will be fixed if we subscribe again?

Thanks,

Marie

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marie4 (had 629 views)

User (Old forums)

A support subscription ensures a customer his questions will be responded, and his issues will be investigated.  There is no guarantee that the problem will be fixed.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 767 views)

User (Old forums)

I investigated the problem more and since it occured only when trying to refresh an empty object, we overrided the paint method. It’s a workaround, but the crash has not been encountered since then.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marie4 (had 2127 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.