Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls Memory Leak In ComboBoxTool For SmartUI Version 3.3.8115.0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #18472 |

I posted to this to a reply in the grid forums but thought I should put it here as well because it is more relevant. 

There seems to be a memory leak in the drop-down tool for the smart toolbar. If I simply create a form with the toolbar and drop-down tool, click on any item in the drop-drop down, then close the form the form is never released. It appears like it might be a problem with the control that is displayed when clicking on the drop-down (the actual list) which is called ComboBoxListForm. This control has a reference to the main form. There looks to be a timer being used as well and the event handler for that timer is probably not being cleared up properly so the reference to the ComboBoxListForm is never released, possibly the timer is not being released properly either. We will purchase new licenses for the products tomorrow so we are covered under a support contract again. Is there a better way to get these issues resolved? This is quite a problem for us as we are using this control quite heavily in our application. One of the forms we have causes at least a meg of memory to be leaked because of this.

Thanks,

Chris

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 1511 views)

User (Old forums)

I suggest you send us a support request, so we can verify you eligibility for support, along with a sample application reproducing the issue, so we can investigate this further.

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 589 views)

User (Old forums)

We are definitely out of support but decided that it is time to upgrade to a new version of the .Net Framework. After some initial testing it appears that the latest controls for the latest Framework do not exhibit the same memory leaks. So I suppose for us this issue is currently resolved.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 2110 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.