Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Memory Consumption / Not Releasing Resources

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #22958 |

It appears as though there are memory problems within the current versions of the control. When I bind a collection to the ItemsSource of the DataGridControl and later replace it with a new one, or Clear the items on the collection programatically and add new data, the old data is never released from memory. Upon further debugging, it is as though the underlying objects are still being referenced by Cells no longer being displayed by DataGridControl. Because the gird never properly releases these resources, they remain in memory.

This occurs both when handling it programatically as well as binding to a collection and changing to a new collection via Xaml. Eventually when doing this the DataGridControl eats up enough memory that it brings the system to a halt.

Can someone please confirm if this is indeed a problem with the DataGridControl, if it has been documented and if it is being worked on? Would this possibly be fixed in the 1.1 release of the control. I would like to know before I spend too much time on what could be a dead-end for me.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by John (had 1930 views)

Xceed Support

<a href=”http://forums.xceed.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7305″>Please refer to this post for details</a>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 2741 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.