Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF May I use the datagrid in an opensource application?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #22687 |

Hi

I’m developing an opensource wpf application and need a datagrid component
    Offcourse i noticed the datagrid of Xceed, which seems to do anything i really need.
    But my question is:
    – am i allowed to use it in an opensource application?
    – ifso can i redistribute it freely without the need for each end-user to register himself?

Regards

E.Beckers

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Erwin (had 1937 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hello,

Xceed DataGrid for WPF cannot be used in an Open Source application, or generally any software to be licensed or distributed under an open source model, including, without limitation, models similar to GNU’s General Public License (GPL), Lesser GPL, the Artistic License (e.g., PERL), the Mozilla Public License, the Netscape Public License, the Sun Community or Industry Source License or the Apache Software license.

However, if your application is not Open Source, then you can redistribute it freely without the need for end-users to register themselves (you said you were making an application… if you were making a programming toolkit, SDK or other API or component, this doesn’t apply as making tools for software developers is not permitted)

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 3019 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.