Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms MasterDetailModes Sample

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #14765 |

Could anyone familliar with this example explain how the data connection to the Northwind database is set up. There aren’t any obvious datasets defined.

thanks for any help

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by max11 (had 2961 views)

User (Old forums)

I’m not totally sure I understand what your problem is, but you need to define a dataset in VS, normally using the designer. Once you have you dataset, you need to define a relationship between your tables, and the set the grids to bind to the appropriate objects :

gridControl1.SetDataBinding( dataSet11.Customers, “” );
    detailGridTemplate1.SetDataBinding( dataSet11.Customers, “CustomersOrders” );

In this case, the master grid is bound to the Customers table, and the DetailGrid is bound to the relationship between the Customers and the Orders tables.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 331 views)

User (Old forums)

this example doesn’t seem to use the designer and that is the reason I was asking. all the other examples which use a dataset have a .xsd defined, but I don’t see this in the MasterDetail modes example.

thanks for the response.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by max11 (had 368 views)

User (Old forums)

Here is a <a href=”http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/XceedGrid/CSharp/MastDet3Level.zip”>sample</a&gt; application in VS2003 that shows how to make a master/detail gird in designer.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3882 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.