Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF MasterDetail question wrt customizing DetailConfiguration(only) as a Card view

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #26795 |

I have a pretty simple question. (I think).

I’ve been playing around with this really good datagrid, and I’m starting to experiment with the MasterDetails feature which seems extremely promising.

What I’m currently trying to figure out, is if it’s possible to make the DetailConfiguration display in ‘Card’ view style.  For example, I want to use the DataGrid in a TableView style, but when expanding  a row to see the detail configuration, I would like that to display the details in Cardview mode.
    Currently, it doesn’t look like the DetailConfiguration objects have a ‘View’ property, but they seem to display as if they were full DataGridControls.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be the ‘Card’ view,  but it would be nice to be able to re-use existing views.  Or is there a ‘hard’ way of doing it where the DataTemplate of the DetailConfiguration can  be manually overriden/defined with generic WPF panels/controls?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Kevin (had 904 views)

Xceed Support

Unfortunately, it is not possible to specify alternate views for Details. Currently the Master/Detail feature is only available for TableView.

The scenario you are trying to achieve was a real bugger for us. We wanted to be able to provide such capabilities but technical problems prevented us from doing it.

Currently, there is only one panel that layouts all elements ( master and details confounded ). It would be possible have detail rows that looks like card, but they would remain arranged as a TableView (stacked one over the other, not side by side ).

If you still wish to experiment with this, the way to achieve this ( card look in a TableView layout ), here is the method:

<DetailConfiguration RelationName=”myRelation” ItemContainerStyle=”{StaticResource {xcdg:Themekey TargetViewType=xcdg:CardView, ThemeType=xcdg:AeroNormalColorTheme, TargetElementType=xcdg:DataRow}}”/>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 1344 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.