Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Master Detail grid

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    #12861 |

I am having trouble setting up a master detail grid in 2.0

I am doing my best to follow the sample provided using orders and products.

I have created two tables and related them.

They populate fine but I get an error telling me that the colmn name(which is the name of the two related talbes, tableone.talbe2) does not exist in the parent column?

What does this mean?

ACanadian

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ACanadian (had 5884 views)

User (Old forums)

Hey Everyone,

I got this problem solved, I did some reading and it appears that you have to be pretty specific in how your data sources and data members are selected in the designer. Either way I can make master detail grids and I am happy.

One question though, 🙂

Is it possible for the plus symbol to not exist if there ae not detail records for a parent?

ie.

One
    Two
    + Three
    Four
    Five

Instead of:

+ One
    + Two
    + Three
    + Four
    + Five

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ACanadian (had 434 views)

Xceed Support

If you have no detail grids ( child ) grids a parent won’t display the +.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Vince [Xceed] (had 399 views)

User (Old forums)

Thats right, but with the way the data is. Some rows will have a detail grid and others will not. But the ones that have no data associated are still getting plus signs.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ACanadian (had 513 views)

User (Old forums)

Same problem here.

Vince:

If a datarow has a detailgrid with no data, then the +/- sign still is displayed.

Any way to solve this?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by C# (had 317 views)

Xceed Support

Currently detail grids are created for each parent datarows when the detailgrid template defining them contain 1 or more rows. And the +/- is shown when any rows are present, that includes footer, header rows and datarows.

I understand this feature is usefull for some developpers to hide empty data detail grids.

Detail grids are automatically created when templates contain rows.
    A good way to solve this would be to add your footer and header rows directly in each detail grids when they contain 1 ore more datarows. Also make sure you don’t have any rows from the detail grid templates.

An other alternative would be to delete all detail grids that contain no datarows. After they were automatically created. In that case close synchronization with the any data changes is required in order to create detail grids.

I will add this important feature request to our database as an option to allow disabling of the automatic creation when there are no child datarows.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Vince [Xceed] (had 687 views)

User (Old forums)

Vince:

Thanks for this explanation. I will try it.

Will there be any more major releases of this great Grid, or will the developers focus on other components?

Regards, and happy new year.

C#

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by C# (had 312 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

There will be a lot of major releases (new, major components) in 2004 with one of them being born from a feature we wanted to add to the grid. This translates to the Grid team temporarily working on another component set, but a component set of major benefit especially to our Grid users. Once that’s done we will continue adding major features inside the grid itself. We plan to have the grid undergo significant and continuous updating and improving for the foreseable future (many years).

That isn’t to say that we won’t surprise you with one or two major new features beforehand :).

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 6445 views)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.