Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Major help needed with Extensibility sample project (using filter row)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Xceed.Grid.Editors is a dll that is used by this sample.  You just forgot to add it in the steps described above.  Repeat the process of adding the References until they are all solved.  This is typical, when you develop something.  You will almost *always* have to add references to your projects. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 534 views)

User (Old forums)

yes, I know this. I’ve added references to the following xceed .net componenets and no change.  All 102 errors are still listed from the original project package attachment.  Adding the references changes nothing in the project.  No errors have been resolved yet.  It must be tied to settings only on your development computer, please advise.  Replicate the issue on a like “client” computer setup and you’ll see what I mean.

Xceed.Editors

Xceed.Editors.Design

Xceed.Grid

Xceed.Grid.Design

Xceed.Grid.Samples.SampleData

Xceed.UI

Xceed.Validation

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 693 views)

User (Old forums)

Also, any response for post no. 21699 in this thread?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 592 views)

User (Old forums)

Sorry, correction, post no. 21698.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 660 views)

User (Old forums)

New solution…  Actually, it’s the same code as the previous one but the dlls are included… 

Tell me, do you have this folder on your computer: C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Bin\.NET\ with the following files : Xceed.Grid.dll, Xceed.Editors.dll, etc…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 492 views)

User (Old forums)

yes i do have that folder and dlls are present.

I don’t see an attachment link on your last post.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 552 views)

User (Old forums)

nevermind, the attachment link is there now.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 663 views)

User (Old forums)

same result, 102 errors, references not resolved.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 622 views)

User (Old forums)

Ok, I had to completely remove all references in the project, clean the project, and re-add the references one by one.  This cleared whatever settings your project file had to the references and now it compiles with no errors.  I will take a look at the code now.  What changes should I be looking for compared to the old VB.Net sample project?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 511 views)

User (Old forums)

If the references are not resolved, you have to re-reference them…  Okay, I forgot to tell you to remove those who are there first, in yellow.  And then you add them.  (Yeah, Visual Studio should just update them but it doesn’t, don’t blame me!)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 444 views)

User (Old forums)

Seriously, I have no idea…  As I told you, this comes from the C# code for the same project (Extensibility) that got converted by “Instant VB” utility.  And I fixed the compilation errors manually…  I know as much as you know.  I have never analyzed the code in this sample, really. 

For your other concern, Will was on the right track. 

Good luck!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 830 views)

User (Old forums)

After a lot of fooling around with the posted sample project on this thread, I think I have it working in my project in VB.net 2005.  This should seriously be a built in feature for the xceed grid.  I will keep everyone posted if this turns out to not be a solution.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nick (had 2191 views)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.