Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Long File Names/Special Characters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20624 |

I have noticed that when calling the receivefile method of the FTPClient, I can receive files with spaces/special characters without issue. However, when I try to call the DeleteFile Method, or retrieve the file size, and the file contains spaces, I get an FTP reply exception. Quotating the name generates an argument exception.

I am trying to download a file, verify it’s size, then delete it from the server.

Any suggestions?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by johnsturmer (had 2719 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello John.

The string passed to such commands is sent as is. It would seem your server is accepting a “RETR file with space” command, but not “DELE file with space”, nor “LIST file with space”. That’s odd.

I suggest you contact <mail>support@xceedsoft.com</mail>, attaching a trace of the communications with your FTP server (see <b>FtpClient.TraceWriter</b>).

I’d also try sending a filename between quotes (“) just to see what happens.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 3488 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.