Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Login() causes "Not logged in."(Error 530)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20704 |

I am trying to write a non-GUI based FTP console app in .NET but I have hit a bump. I am able to connect to the site I want, but once I call Login(), the error is thrown. I’m sure I must be missing something, but I can’t find any documentation that doesn’t use AsyncFtp – I just want to use FtpClient. Any suggestions/help is appreciated. Below is my code snippet.

Dim client As New FtpClient()
    Dim sIPAddress, sUsername, sPassword As String

client.Connect(New IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse(sIPAddress), 21))
    client.Login(sUsername, sPassword)

Thanks,
    Sarah

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by spowell (had 2842 views)

User (Old forums)

I think I fixed my own problem…thanks anyway guys! If anyone does have an idea of where I can find some sample code for using just FtpClient instead of AsyncFtpClient, please let me know!
    Thanks again – Sarah

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by spowell (had 183 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Sarah.

Check the ConsoleFtp sample that comes with the package, available in both C# and VB.NET.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 3645 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.