Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms LoaderLock detected – application hangs – Xceed.Chart.GLCore.dll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • User (Old forums)
    Member
    Post count: 23064
    #19133 |

    Our Smartclient application uses Xceed.Chart and a few other assemblies to implement Pie, Bar, and Line graphs based on data read from the Xceed grid control. The graphing code we used is almost identical to the sample code supplied by Xceed for VS2003.

     

    Now our application has been upgraded to .Net 2.0 and compiled under VS2008. The same code now hangs the application with the following message:

     

    “LoaderLock was detected

    Message: DLL ‘C:\Program Files\<path>\Xceed.Chart.GLCore.dll’ is attempting managed execution inside OS Loader lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DllMain or image initialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang.”

     

    Thye file version is 3.0.100.0

     

    Would be extremely grateful if someone can advise what the fix is.  thankyou.

     

    Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rob (had 2628 views)

    User (Old forums)
    Member
    Post count: 23064

    Version 3.0 is a quite old version, and has never been tested/updated to .NET 2.0 or up, so it is possible the only workaround to this issue is to upgrade to our latest version.

    Note however that version 4.0 was a major upgrade to version 3.0, so upgrading the chart from 3.0 to 4.2 (our latest version) is not trivial.  Here is more information from our help documentation :

    http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedChart/Porting_from_version_3.0.html

     

    Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 764 views)

    User (Old forums)
    Member
    Post count: 23064

    Thanks André for the feedback – appreciated.

    I was wrong when I claimed the application was hanging. It appeared to hang because it was taking so long to bring up the initial chart – after a minute I looked in Task Manager and it said ‘Not responding’ so I assumed it was hung. Yesterday, during further testing, I left my desk for several minutes while it was attempting to render the initial chart and when I returned the chart was there on the screen!

    I discovered that it takes about 1 minute  40 seconds to render the initial chart, but after that it was very quick with subsequent charts, as long the application was running. So the problem is much less urgent now and I think we can live with the delay for the time being.

    I’ll contact our Framework team to suggest they look at upgrading to v4.2.

    many thanks – rob 

     

    Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rob (had 2695 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.