Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Licensing error?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20925 |

We just upgraded controls to 3.6 and my ftp functions don’t work on our target machines — they work fine on the developer machine. For testing, I created a VB .net project that contains the following line in the startup form

Xceed.Ftp.Licenser.LicenseKey = “FTN36-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX”

(substituting the Xs for the real license number that came with the email announcing availability)

Plus, in the References section, added ref to Xceed.ftp .net component and it correctly shows it as version 3.6.

When I run in prod, I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly ‘Xceed.Compression.Formats’, version=3.6.7376.15420, ….:Strong name validation failed.

I even included the compression.formats.dll in my target computer’s application directory but still no luck. Any ideas?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ed (had 2735 views)

Xceed Support

We resolved this issue through support. This error was triggered by some missing <a href=”http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedFileSystem/Redistributable_files.html”>references</a&gt;.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 3444 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.