Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Licensing Xceed FTP in Windows Services

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20827 |

Hi.

I’m having a licensing problem with Xceed FTP trial license in Windows Services environment. I generated a trial license key using the Component Licenser and enter this information in the OnStart procedure of my Windows Service. However, after installing the service and starts it, it generates exception regarding the invalid licensing.

Worked on both Webforms and Console apps. Have i entered the license at the wrong startup location in WinService?

Exception received:
    Xceed.Ftp.Licenser.LicenseKey must be set to a valid trial or registered license key before using this product. Please refer to the Licensing topic in the documentation for specific instructions on how to avoid this exception.

Code excerpts:
    Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String)

Xceed.Ftp.Licenser.LicenseKey = “(value generated by Component Licenser)”

End Sub

By the way, I suppose FileSystem license is bundled with the FTP license, rite?
    Appreciates any feedbacks regarding this.

Thanks and happy programming!

Best regards,
    CL

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chee Leong (had 2510 views)

User (Old forums)

Whoops. I found out the bug. Somehow, i forget to initialize the host parameter that was passed into the FtpConnection constructor.

Hence, confirmed the license key entered in the OnStart, the main entry point of Window Service if you’re coding one. I have tried to put the license key several places, and now its working fine 🙂

Thanks for reading.

CL

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chee Leong (had 3355 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.