Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Licensing Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #23506 |

Hello,

I’m running the demo xceed package. I tried to download the DataGrid control. I ended up with the whole bunch of Xceed stuff on my toolbox but nothing called a DataGrid. I have a GridControl on the toolbox. I dropped that on the form and tried to use the license key mailed to me which begins with a DGFXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.

This license is invalid and throws an exception during runtime.

Now, current situation is that I tried to use and demo the DataGrid control and I ended up with all sorts of un-necessary stuff on the toolbox and without the control I actually want to demo. Am I looking at something wrong? Should I do things differently.

Apart from installation frustration, I would like to use DataGrid control in a production product. I would also be interested in buying the Chart control.

Any help is appreciated.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by VZB (had 3874 views)

Xceed Support

The GridControl you mention in the toolbox is the WinForms component… The license key obtained for the the DataGrid for WPF will only work for the WPF DataGrid.

Since the toolbox contained our WinForms components, it is my assumption that your current project is a WinForms project.

To use the DataGrid for WPF, you will need to start a Windows Presentation Project project ( .NET Framework 3.0 ).

However, since the WPF designer for Visual Studio (Orcas) was in CTP (and now in beta), we did not integrate the DataGrid for WPF in the designer’s toolbox yet. You will need to add it manually to your window/page/user control.

If you need help with this, I recommend reading the <a href=”http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedWpfDataGrid/”>Getting Started</a> topic of the Documentation for the DataGrid for WPF.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 237 views)

User (Old forums)

I see. That clears up the confusion. I was using the DataGrid for WPF but didn’t realize that VS.NET 2005 does not support that… at least not without the cider plug-in.

So in other words, I’ll try to go back and see if I can download the correct one or change approach.

Thanks very much for a prompt reply.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by VZB (had 361 views)

Xceed Support

If you want to stick with VS 2005… You can use the Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF & WPF), November 2006 CTP

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=F54F5537-CC86-4BF5-AE44-F5A1E805680D&displaylang=en

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 268 views)

User (Old forums)

I am using the Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF & WPF), November 2006 CTP and see Canvas, StackPanel, et. in the toolbox, but do not know how to add the Xceed DataGrid for WPF. When I go down the “Choose Items…” route, I get:
    There are no components in Xceed.Wpf.Controls.dll (Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.dll) that can be placed on the toolbox.

If a developer is using the Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF & WPF), November 2006 CTP, how do they get the Xceed DataGrid for WPF <DataGridControl/> to show up in the toolbox?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Larry (had 217 views)

User (Old forums)

I don’t think you can see the grid in the toolbox of vixual studio 2005. In my opinion visual studio 2005 still su… with Xaml. Hopefully this will get better with later products.
    You could use Microsoft Expression Blend which is quite handy to build your user Interface and stick to visual studio for the code behind. First you will have to add the reference path though.

cheers
    Silas

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ralf (had 5070 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.