Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms KeyPress in filter row

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #17331 |

I’m using a ValueRow as a filter row.  What I would like to accomplish is when the user types a letter in the edit control (WinTextBox), I want to display the rows containing the typed letters.  For example, if I have a grid containing four rows and one column with the vales {Green, Gray, Grass, Red} if the user types ‘G’, only the Green, Gray et Grass lines will be visible. Then if the user types ‘r’ and after ‘a’ which makes ‘Gra’ then, only the lines Gray and Grass will be visible.

I found where to put the event handler to get the typed letter (QueryInputKey) but I don’t know how to get the full string typed, I only get the last key typed. So if anyone could tell me how to get the current string in the edit control, it would be very appreciated

Thanks for your help

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 975 views)

User (Old forums)

Just a thought, if you can get a key, I suppose you should be to able to build a buffer from all the keys typed by the user.  I’m sure there is a (relatively easy) way to do this.

Good luck!

Regards,

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 241 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes but, if the user exits the current cell and come back, I would have to initialize the buffer with the current value, I would also have to manage backspaces, Ctrl+x, Ctrl+v, etc. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 1117 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.