Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Issue with shift key and multiselecting rows

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #25148 |

We have a datagridcontrol where I need to maintain an array of the selected items – so if the selected item changes I have to add the item to this array.

To catch this event I have my code that looks like this:

DependencyPropertyDescriptor SelectedItemChangedDescriptor =

DependencyPropertyDescriptor.FromProperty(DataGridControl.SelectedItemProperty, typeof(DataGridControl));

SelectedItemChangedDescriptor.AddValueChanged(element, new EventHandler(OnSelectedItemChanged));

So every time the selected row is changed, I can maintain my array of selected items since the OnSelectedItemChanged event fires and I maintain the selected rows array in the code for this handler. But in case of multiselect, if I hold down the shift key and select multiple rows, this event does not fire – it only fires if I hold down the control key while selecting multiple rows.

I tried the SelectedItemsProperty and the SelectedIndexProperty and the behaviour is the same.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ranjana (had 497 views)

User (Old forums)

You can use the PropertyChanged event and look for the CurrentItem property and build you array of selected Items.

It works for both CTRL & SHIFT Keys.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Karthik (had 2658 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.