Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET IsolatedStorageFile

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #19628 |

I would like use the compression and/or encryption using Isolated Storage. If I can compress great, if I can compress and encryt even better. The code that I using is:

Dim isoStore As IsolatedStorageFile = IsolatedStorageFile.GetUserStoreForDomain
    Dim isoStream As New IsolatedStorageFileStream(“clsSettings.dat”, FileMode.Create, isoStore)

Dim MyFormatter As New BinaryFormatter()
    MyFormatter.Serialize(isoStream, value)
    isoStream.Close()
    isoStream.Dispose()
    isoStore.Dispose()

Do you have an idea of what would be the most efficient way of doing this? I was trying to just use the streaming compression but I’m not sure if it can handle the IsolatedStorageFileStream

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 5126 views)

User (Old forums)

We are not sure we understand your question. You can use Xceed IsolatedFile or IsolatedFolder to compress and to encrypt a stream.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 364 views)

User (Old forums)

Is there any sample code? I could not find it in any of the demo’s and a search in the knowledge base did not return anything.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 532 views)

User (Old forums)

You can use our FileSystem sample explorer (Go to Start Menu -> All Programs -> Xceed Components -> Our components in action! -> Xceed FileSystem Snippet Explorer), and simply replace the DiskFile/Folder by IsolatedFile/Folder.

Note that for the encryption, you will need to use the .NET encryption class, unless you don’t mind using an ActiveX in .NET, for we have an excellent Encryption Library, that is part of the Data Manipulation Suite.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 338 views)

User (Old forums)

I’m sorry I don’t think we are talking about the same thing. I know I may be a bit thick, but
    In the Help Files on page
    ms-help://Xceed.FileSystem.3.1/XceedFileSystemNET/Sources/Features_of_Xceed_Zip_for_.NET.htm

it states
    Works with .NET Isolated Storage for temporary files as needed

VB.NET and C# Samples include a WinZip™-like zip application, a PKZIP™-like console zip application, a streaming compression sample and a Windows Explorer-like application that allows you to work with files, folders and zip files interchangeably

Major Features
    Industry standard AES encryption (New in version 3.1)

Is there a sample that shows how I can compress a .NET Isolated Storage file using your AES encryption?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 452 views)

User (Old forums)

Let’s clarify things up. First, AES encryption in our .NET suite is offered only when using the Zip format capabilities. That is, only when creating Zip archives can you use this encryption, it is NOT available when using the Streaming Compression classes.

Second, Isolated Storage is available through 2 classes within our .NET suite, that is, IsolatedFile and IsolatedFolder. As stated earlier, you can use these 2 classes the same way you can use the “regular” DiskFile and DiskFolder.

In short, if you want to compress and encrypt data through a stream and place it in an Isolated Storage, you need to use a compression stream (e.g. CompressedStream), then encrypt with the .NET classes (which you will have to get information by yourself, since it is part of the .NET framework), save the stream to a disk file, and simply pass the file to an IsolatedFile :

IsolatedFile isoFile = new IsolatedFile( “path and file name” );

If you want to compress and encrypt a file into a Zip archive, then simply make a ZipArchive, set the EncryptionMethod to AES, copy the file to it, which will compress and encrypt the file, and then, again pass the file to an IsolatedFile.

Again, you can learn how to use our classes (e.g. DiskFile, AbstractFile, IsolatedFile) through our FileSystem sample explorer (Go to Start Menu -> All Programs -> Xceed Components -> Our components in action! -> Xceed FileSystem Snippet Explorer). Look at the “2.1 Main classes” topic for an explanation/example of what is the FileSystem is exactly.

We also have plenty of samples in the Xceed Component folder :
    C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Xceed FileSystem Core 3.2\Samples
    In here, you will find the same samples in both VB and C#.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 440 views)

User (Old forums)

Sorry to have bothered you–Believe me IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN-

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 5761 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.