Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem in XCeed Datagrid

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #26767 |

In my application I have a grid listing which I wish to synchonize with other items on my page. In the ListView Control we had the option of setting the IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem =true so that when the selection in the list view changes, other fields that are tied to the same datacontext change as well.

How can I achieve the same through XAML and not code behind? What property would I need to set.

Regards

Leon Pereira

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Leon (had 2034 views)

User (Old forums)

[Message Posted by Charles Bérubé-Rémillard]

Hi Leon,

You can bind on the CurrentItem or the GlobalCurrentItem (if you have Master/Detail) property. For example, assuming you are using a DataTable and that the items are System.Data.DataRow:

e.g.,

<TextBlock Text={Binding ElementName=myDataGridControl, Path=CurrentItem[ShipCountry]}/>

This will display the value of the field represented by “ShipCountry”. Something like “Canada”.

Best regards,

Charles Bérubé-Rémillard

Technical Support

[Leon Pereira] 

In my case as I was using a Collection of complex objects, instead of  DataTable

<TextBlock Text={Binding ElementName=myDataGridControl, Path=CurrentItem.ShipCountry}/>

worked for me.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Leon (had 1641 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.