Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Is there a way to highlight a particular area of a MeshSurface?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #19156 |

I have a mesh surface that I am using to display a contour map – like a terrain map.  I need to do 2 additional things.

1. I need to be able to add points to the surface to mark locations.

2. I need to be able to highlight or otherwise mark a particular X line.

Are these possible?

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Charles (had 1216 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Charles,

if you open the Xceed Chart for .NET (Start -> Programs -> Xceed Components -> .NET Components -> Windows Forms -> Xceed Chart for .NET 4.2 -> Xceed Chart Explorer for .NET), you will see that you can explore a few sections.  In “All Examples -> Chart types (series) -> Mesh surface”, you have four subsections to explore.  And you can also the C# code in each case.  (Unfortunately, while the Xceed FileSystem Snippet Explorer will let you recompile and execute the snippets it contains, the Xceed Chart Explorer for .NET won’t let you do this.)

You will also find the Visual Effects a little bit further in the menu and the corresponding C# code by clicking the tab “C# Code”.  The subsections “Lights” and “Lighting filter” should allow you to do what you want to do, as long as you render the surface using OpenGL.

To add points to the ‘mesh surface’, you could simply add a series of points where you need them. 

If you don’t already have Xceed Chart for .NET 4.2, you can download it from here http://xceed.com/CHT_Download.html for free with a 45-day free trial period.  The Xceed Chart Explorer for .NET that comes with the package will give you a very good idea of the countless possibilities.

Best regards,

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1698 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.