Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Is there a way like "Just-In-Time Data Loading" in dgv?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #14686 |

DataGridView of Microsoft has a feature of folowing for loading large amount of data,Is there a same way in XceedGrid?:

“Implementing Virtual Mode with Just-In-Time Data Loading in the Windows Forms DataGridView Control.
    One reason to implement virtual mode in the DataGridView control is to retrieve data only as it is needed. This is called just-in-time data loading.

If you are working with a very large table in a remote database, for example, you might want to avoid startup delays by retrieving only the data that is necessary for display and retrieving additional data only when the user scrolls new rows into view. If the client computers running your application have a limited amount of memory available for storing data, you might also want to discard unused data when retrieving new values from the database.”

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by neu_dancer (had 3241 views)

User (Old forums)

I’d like to add my voice to neu_dancer’s question.

I’m evaluating grids at the moment. Notably yourselves, Janus & Infragistics. The one thing that Infragistics seems to have that neither yourselves or Janus is a virtual mode.

I need to be able to load a lot of data from SQL Server (more than 50000 rows) and I don’t want the user hanging around for ages – so it either needs to be some sort of virtual mode, or some way of the data loading (showing the first page immediately) without hanging the interface. I also need sorting/grouping and ‘field chooser’ capabilities on this large set of data.

Will your grid handle this ? I’ve seen that you’re working on virtual mode, but is it in this release, and if not any idea when it will appear ?

Regards
    LJ

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by LaughingJohn (had 390 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi LJ,

We have not yet added a Virtual Mode into the grid. It is exactly the fact that you need sorting and/or grouping on this large set of data which has kept this capability from already showing up – we want to design it well and have it fit perfectly into the current object model.

We hear you loud and clear, though. There’s a release of the grid coming out shortly that has one of the few remaining features that are often requested (check back later this week). I’ll post here as soon as I have more news on the development state of Virtual Mode. Until then, we have to answer that our grid does not support Virtual Mode, and will not in 2006.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 464 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for the quick (and honest) reply !

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by LaughingJohn (had 3869 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.