Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Is SFtp for .NET equal to FTP for .NET plus SSH (SFTP) capabilities?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #21488 |

I have a present need for FTP with SSL, which the standard FTP for .NET will handle.  I may have a future need for FTP with SSH.

The product features tab for SFtp for .NET looks like it supports both SSH (SFTP) and SSL (FTPS).  Is this correct?  If the SFTP library handles both, it will most likely be worth spending the extra $100 for the extra capabilities, even if I don’t need them right now.

Thanks

-Bruce

Applies to Xceed SFTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Bruce (had 921 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Bruce,

There was some incorrect information on that page. It was revised by the lead developer and it should now be correct. We apologize for the confusion.

The FTP for .NET does SSL (FTPS), while the SFTP for .NET does SSH (SFTP). If you need both products, then I would suggest looking into the Data Manipulation Suite as it includes both of them as part of its package.

Applies to Xceed SFTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 871 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

We purchased a license for the FTP library a while back and later purchased another license for the SFTP library.  Installing SFTP “upgraded” me to a newer FTP version but my old FTP license key does work with that.  So in effect that disabled my ability to use FTP.

I am able to work around that by directly referencing the older FTP dlls in a project and using my original FTP license key.  The problem is I cannot have both my original FTP and my newer SFTP referenced in the same project because they share common components which are different versions (I think that’s the reason).

Is there some way I can resolve this issue?

Thanks, Bob 

Applies to Xceed SFTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bob (had 145 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Bob.  I’m in a similar situation where I need to use both Xceed.Ftp and Xceed.Sftp in the same application.  Do you know if there is a way to leverage existing Xceed.Ftp code over SSH?

Applies to Xceed SFTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by john (had 49 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.