Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Inverted mouse button – click issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #17217 |

I have a winform grid with drop down controls in a couple columns. My left handed users are having issues using the grid. They have the right mouse button set as the default. Clicking on the button that should drop the list with the right button doesn’t cause the list to drop. If they first click the button with the left button then the right, the list drops.

I have this issue with a combo box control and a multi-line text box. I switched my mouse buttons and am getting the same behavior with the drop down examples in the rich cell editors example. Other controls in that example (track bar, progress bar, numeric up/down, check box, text boxes) respond correctly to the right button default.

Any ideas?

Thanks

J- 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by James (had 2020 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean precisely.  Your left handed users have modified their mouse settings in their Windows control panel so this allows them to do a “Click” with the left button instead of the right button but, in their situation, the mouse buttons are unmodified (as if they were right handed, not inverted)  only on combobox and multi-line textbox? 

Very strange, to say the least, since inverting the mouse buttons is an operating system task. 

I have just verified the issue on my desktop.  The buttons are correctly inverted when I want to get the dropdown list on a combobox within a Grid for .NET.  

Could you please email a self-contained solution (as a zip archive) that reproduces the issue to support@xceed.com since I can’t reproduce the behavior you are referring to, here.  Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 311 views)

User (Old forums)

My left handed users change the button configuration in the mouse dialog of the control panel. There’s a check box that says “Switch primary and secondary buttons”. Checking that makes the right button the default.

Check that box so your right button is the default click. Open the Rich cell editors example and, using the right button, click on one of the controls that should cause a drop down (multi-line text box, complex combobox, multicolumn Combobox, Simple Combobox, Auto-completeing Combobox…).

Click on the drop down command button. When I do, the command button depresses like it’s been clicked but no click event fires and the control doesn’t drop. If I then click using the left mouse button, the click again with the right button, the control drops and that instance of the drop-down works. If I click on one of the other rows (again, using the right mouse button), no drop down occurs (until I use the left button again).

I’ve also noticed that once the right mouse button gets in this “mode”, for lack of a better term, no other windows respond to the right button either. For example: I have outlook under the Xceed Grid Live Explorer. Clicking outlook’s title bar with the right button doesn’t bring that app forward. If I left click the title bar then right click, outlook comes forward and the right mouse button behaves like I expect.

It appears as if the grid somehow goofs the click messages for windows. They either don’t fire or they are being interpreted as some other message. Left clicking clears up whatever that issue is. This only occurs when I start clicking in the grid. Until then, all the other apps respond correctly to the default/non default mouse buttons (i.e. right button click).

Does that explanation help any? I’ll be glad to send you a project showing the problematic behavior. Since I’m having this issue with your sample apps, will that help? 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by James (had 269 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi again,

I am now noticing the issue.  It is not continuous.  Sometimes, the event fires (right mouse button used as the left mouse; inverted) and sometimes it doesn’t.  I’ve noticed (using Rich Cell Editor) that when there event won’t trigger, the control has a redish square (it is hard to distinguish, you have to look carefully).  I have never seen this before, I will investigate. 

I am afraid that this could take a few days before we understand what is going on.  And the fact that the Grid for .NET lead developer is currently is Seattle won’t help.

I will keep you informed. 

P.S.  I find it very surprising that this issue was never reported before.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 390 views)

User (Old forums)

We have also seen this bug in our biggest product, but didnt know if it was an Xceed issue or a bug in our application.

Our customer reported this bug at 2008-06-27 but it has been prioritized as a low priority bug and “not to fix now”

2008-06-27 With left handed mouse configuration menues etc. not working properly [Bug]

When having left handed mouse configuration drop-down menus doesnt work as they should. And when trying to select a box you have to click three times to get it checked. If you want to drag the left scrollbar or the bottom bar, that doesnt work either, and the system stops to respond.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus (had 1408 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.