Home Forums General Installation & other Include already installed help in Visual Studio 2008

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #43456 |

Hello,

I recently installed Visual Studio 2008 on my development machine.  I had already had Visual Studio 2005, with the Xceed Grid 3.2 package installed, and the Xceed help included in the help system.  When I installed 2008, I deleted and reinstalled the latest version of MSDN Library (not sure if this matters).

The result is, the Xceed help only exists within Visual Studio 2005.  Is there a way to get the help added into the VS 2008 help system?  It seems that if I try to reinstall Xceed 3.2, it only wants to add itself to VS 2005.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by mcw0933 (had 4762 views)

Xceed Support

You can get the help documentation added into the VS 2008 the following way :

1.  Edit the File C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Documentation (.NET)\XceedGrid.ini and add the line MS.VSIPCC.v90|_DEFAULT|Xceed.Grid.3.2|_DEFAULT|Xceed.Grid.HxA in section [Reg_Plugin] and in section [UnReg_Plugin].

2.  At the command prompt, type exactly “C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\H2Reg\H2Reg.exe” -r “cmdfile=C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Documentation (.NET)\XceedGrid.ini” to add, or “C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\H2Reg\H2Reg.exe” -u “cmdfile=C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Documentation (.NET)\XceedGrid.ini” to remove.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mohamed [Xceed] (had 711 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks, that worked.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by mcw0933 (had 6175 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.