Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Zip for ActiveX & x64 I like to use x86 and x64 versions at the same time

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #42450 |

Dear supportteam,

I like to use x86 and x64 versions at the same time, why I can’t do this?

“The ActiveX name and GUID of the library are the same across all processor versions.” (http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedZip/64-bit%20Processor%20Versions.html)

… but if you change the internal name you will get both files different GUID assigned and as result you will be able to use both.

XceedZip is used in a software which exists to a part of 32 bit and also 64 bit.  Both parts use the XceedZip to process data. If you have any idea how to run the x86 and x64 versions parallel please let me know.

Appreciation and regards,

Jerom

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jerom (had 930 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Jerom,

Although it does become a pain to maintain two separate applications of which target two different cpu platform, it is also the choice with the least amount of headaches. There have been other software developers that have wondered why you need two DLLs for one ActiveX component, and I found an answer on Stack Overflow that sums it up. You can click here for the answer.

In the end, you will always be better off deploying two applications, one which targets 32 bit, and the other 64 bit. Also, Xceed does not support any bugs or strange behavior if you are trying to use the 32 bit DLL in a 64 bit environment, or having them run in parallel. We will not be able to make any changes to the component to make this feature work.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marc [Xceed] (had 1026 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.