Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF I believe a Licensing Problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    #25080 |

I accidentally deployed a unlicensed copy of the WPF Grid, and as expected whenever a form with a grid on it was opened the application crashed with the Unhanded Exception, ‘Send to Microsoft?’ dialog. After licensing it and redeploying the application (via ClickOnce), all the deployments worked great except for 1. One machine continues close the application whenever a form with the grid is opened. I have uninstalled, cleared isolated storage, etc and no luck. Any ideas what this could be.

I feel that it is definitely the grid since if I remove it, the form opens perfectly.

Thanks, Lee

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lee (had 747 views)

Xceed Support

If you go into this machine’s Registry Editor (regedit.exe), after licensing the product, is there a valid registered key set in the right key path?

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\4507C5F2-9077-40DE-A621-64EC59BF6829\DGP]
    “1.2”=”DGP12XXXXXXXXXXXXXX”

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 490 views)

User (Old forums)

I looked on the 4 machines in the office that the application is deployed on and only 1 machine (Vista) has that registry entry. The other 3 machines (XP) are missing that entry. Two of the XP machines missing that entry work perfectly. The other one continues to act like the Xceed grid is not properly licensed.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lee (had 272 views)

User (Old forums)

OK, so just to clarify, the reg key specified above is on the development machine. (The XP machines only have the deployed version, so I understand now that they should not have this key) Having said that all the machines are receiving updates, but one continues to have licensing issues when it comes to the Xceed WPF grid.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lee (had 317 views)

User (Old forums)

So I have run out of ideas. I have a single machine that crashes if any form is loaded with the WPF datagrid on it. I have even, removed all .NET frameworks, reinstalled and put together a specific build with nothing but the WPF datagrid in its simplest form.

No matter what I do, when a form loads I get the “Send to Microsoft” dialog. I have licensed the grid in the App: System.Windows.Application class

as follows:

protected override void OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
    {
    Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.Licenser.LicenseKey = “DGF12-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX”;
    //i used the actual key, not xxxx’s 😉
    base.OnStartup(e);
    }

I have even tried to add this to the form constructor with the same results

If I check the event view, this is the error it records:

EventType clr20r3, P1 footprint.exe, P2 1.0.0.30, P3 4726711a, P4 presentationframework, P5 3.0.0.0, P6 45398c20, P7 6496, P8 be, P9 system.windows.markup.xamlparse, P10 NIL.

(footprint.exe is my app)

I am not sure where to go from here, since every other machine the application is deployed on works great.

Please help!

Thanks,

Lee

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lee (had 351 views)

User (Old forums)

One more quick note, I created a new project with a single form.

The form only contains a single Xceed WPF datagrid. I referenced xceed.wpf.controls.dll and xceed.wpf.datagrid.dll.

I licensed it as stated above. (Later I tried to license it all over the place.)

I get the exact same results as above. It works great on every machine except 1.

(Which is my boss’s, yikes!)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lee (had 306 views)

Xceed Support

When you say loaded. Are you referencing in design time?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Vince [Xceed] (had 559 views)

User (Old forums)

No. The application crashes when the form loads at run time.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lee (had 268 views)

User (Old forums)

OK, so I reformatted the computer that was having this issue. The problem went away. Now we are running into clients with this problem. Obviously we can not ask our clients to reformat their computers, so I am looking to the forums for one last try.

The grid is being licensed properly, but every time [on one of the problem machines] a form loads with the grid, the application crashes. I have tried all the obvious, uninstall [everything including .NET framework] and reinstall.

This is not good. We have invested a lot of time adopting the xceed grid, but will be forced to remove it from about 30 forms in our application. This will cause us a major set back.

Personally I would be very weary of adopting this grid in an enterprise level product until this issue is resolved.

Thank you,
    Lee

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lee (had 415 views)

User (Old forums)

I found the solution in the following post:

http://buzz.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cDovL2ZvcnVtcy54Y2VlZC5jb20vZm9ydW1zL3Nob3dwb3N0LmFzcHg/cG9zdGlkPTg4MzA=

The problem was the users with the problem had their OS theme set to ‘XP Silver’. (I know, weird)

Any way, changing the theme fixes the problem.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Lee (had 7069 views)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.