Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Howto get the displayed value from a gridcontrols cell

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #17640 |

Hi,

another thing that keeps me puzzled:

I built a grid with some lookup style columns (i.e columns displaying a lookup value for the actual item within the underlying

datarow by using a comboboxviewer and comboboxeditor). Now the problem is this:

I want to export the data that is displayed within the grid, but I can only access the cell value, but there seems to be no way

(that I know of) to access the displayed value. The documentation indicates, that it should be  possible by querying the CellViewerManager

of the cell, maybe by calling its GetText(..) method, but there is no example and the usage remains quite unclear.

Anyone stumbled upon a similar problem?

Kind regards

Dietmar

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dietmar (had 1313 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Dietmar,

If you are going to export the contents of the DataCells to Excel as an example, you will need to loop through each row and then loop through each cell and grabs its contents and export them. The reason why Xceed did not implement this feature is because the exporting would take too long. It would be even slower if the Grid contained thousands and thousands of rows. It was faster to export the values in the underlying collection rather than the cells contents.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marc [Xceed] (had 872 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.