Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms How to remove extra space at the bottom of the grid?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #17235 |

I’ve created a grid to display currency exchange rates. There are more currencies than it could be displayed on the screen, so the grid has to scroll.

The problem is, if I scroll down there is an extra space (can be seen with colour blue). 

My question is how to remove that unwanted space at the bottom of the grid?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Szabolcs (had 1022 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

just by looking at this image, it is not easy to tell. 

My best guess is that the grid is trying to allocate its vertical area for the “possible best fit”.

Your grid rows seem to be 23 pixels in height and the “blue” area at the bottom seems to be 10 pixels in height.  I would trying to add 13 pixels to this grid area (so one complete row fits in) or perhaps substract 10 pixels so you end up with a multiple of 23 pixels.  Unfortunately, this is just a guess. 

If this is not helping, you can send me a zipped archive of your application (as long as I able to run it) at support@xceed.com and it I will investigate the issue.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 333 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Ghislain,

Looks like the grid is using bigger client area, than would be necessary. Tried to remove the background image, but makes no difference.Reducing the grid’s height could be a way (to become the client area’s heigth to the int multiplier of one row height’s + header height) – but I don’t really see why creates the grid bigger client area, than necessary? (it should just make the client are smaller, and adjust the scrollbar’s position)

Is there any way to reduce the client area programatically (I tried it before, but it’s read-only if I remember well)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Szabolcs (had 307 views)

User (Old forums)

As I’ve said, you can send me a zipped archive of your application (as long as I able to run it) at support@xceed.com and it I will investigate the issue.

In the topic, don’t forget to mention “Grid for .NET community thread 23248”. 

I will have a closer look.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 999 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.