Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls How to put label into ExplorerTaskPane.Group?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #18019 |

I want to put a text into ExplorerTaskPane.Group control. I tried two ways:

1) I added Xceed.SmartUI.Controls.ExplorerTaskPane.Task control to Group and set its properties ForeColor to Color.Black and Enabled to False (I do not want label to looks like link). The problem is: the label is drawn in blue if Enabled set to false. When Enabled set to true it is drawn in black as ForeColor set to black but it behavies as a link which is undesirable.

2) next, I tried to use LabelTool control instead of Task control. Then the problem is: text written in LabelTool is not wrapped if its length greater than width of ExplorerTaskPane.Group control.

How can I achieve my goal (put a black text label to ExplorerTaskPane.Group control)?

I use version 1.0.5074.0 of SmartUI.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by iwds (had 2587 views)

User (Old forums)

I did the exact 2 steps you tried, using version 3.2 of the SmartUI. I don’t have version 1.0, so I cannot test using that version.

Step #2 behaved exactly as you said, with the text not wrapping.

Step #1 did not behave as you said. I added a group to the ExplorerTaskPane. Then I added 2 tasks to the group. Then I set the forecolor of the first task to be blue. Then I set the forecolor of the second task to be black, and disabled it.

When I ran the program, the ExplorerTaskPane behaved exactly as it should. Being the first task was a blue link, and the second was a black disabled link (looking like a label).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by paulplatter (had 286 views)

User (Old forums)

Looks like I have to upgrade my SmartUI version. Would like to hear it from Xceed team to be sure.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by iwds (had 3605 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.