Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET How to get old version of zip .net component (V1.1) and new version of zip .net (V4.1) to run side by side on the same machine?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20248 |

Hi, I am in the process of upgrading the xceed zip .net component from V1.1 to V4.1 (which we just get license for it). How do I get both versions running side by side?

When I kick of the set up, it’s requiring me to remove old version to avoid any conflict on my machine. But during rollout, I need to be able to run both versions a the same time and converting the rest of them over ‘slowly’. How do I do that ?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by limchewc (had 962 views)

Xceed Support

Hi limchewc,

You can have both version of the Xceed Zip for .NET running on the same machine by copying the dlls to different folder: each version assemblies will reside in a distinct directory. Then you can set the references of your project to the assemblies you desired to use.

The two versions cannot be in the GAC at the same time.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mohamed [Xceed] (had 160 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Mohamed for your reply.

I ran both setups on my machines (Xceed setups –> our company uses xceed components) And both appear to be in the GAC on my machine with correct version number.

Should I un-GAC them both? And What’s the reason behind it that both can not be in the GAC ?

I had called Xceed customer service too before I received ur reply. I spoke to the techical person and he suggested me to run the setup 4.1 first, follow by setup 1.1 to get both versions on my machine. Yet, the install puts both version in GAC. The techical person didn’t mention about GAC issue. Just want to re-confirm the proper steps.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by limchewc (had 1310 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.