Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms How to add combobox to cells?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #13087 |

I have some cells that display enumeration values. If these are editable, I would like the user to select a new value from a list/combobox in that cell. How do I do this?

-dh

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by dahoffer (had 3027 views)

Xceed Support

Hi dh,

You can set the column’s (if all the cells in the column will have the same editor) or a cell’s CellEditor property to a <a href=”http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/gridNet/ref/xceed.grid.editors.gridcombobox.html”>GridComboBox</a&gt;.

For more information, please refer to the <a href=”http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/gridNet/doc/sources/celleditors_and_viewers.htm”>Cell editors and viewers</a> topic in the help file.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 435 views)

User (Old forums)

Jenny,

Thanks, this works. However because these are enumeration values, I guess I have a special need.

Currently the cells show a string representation of the enum constant, such as A_2. However, I would like to display something a little different in the cells (both the grid and the gridcombobox), such as “A 2º”. How can I display these more user frendly text strings to the user, but these always refer to the corresponding enumeration value in the code?

-dh

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by dahoffer (had 364 views)

Xceed Support

Hi dh,

If you have both values in a data table, you can use the ValueMember and Display member properties of the GridComboBox (which derives from ComboBox) to display the “readable” value.

I hope this helps!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 3957 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.